A signal boost for my friend, onetime editor, and writing guru Phil Athans, who’s doing a webinar for Writers Digest University. The webinar is entitled, How to Sell Your Fantasy and Sci-Fi. Full details are here, but here’s a brief description:
What you’ll learn:
- The logline: The most important 25 words you’ll ever write
- The query letter: Less is more
- Clichés: What can sink a fantasy/sci-fi query letter right from the start.
- The author bio: Find your hidden strengths
- The synopsis: How to cut down a lengthy summary
- Who’s buying: Finding the right agent and editor
- Patience: The author’s most valuable skill
Phil is the author of The Guide to Writing Fantasy and Science Fiction, has decades of experience in the writing/publishing field, and his advice has been invaluable to me in developing my career. The long and short of it is that I imagine this webinar will contain some gems for writers and aspiring writers. Take a look and see if it seems right for you.